Greenstar points - eco-cert™ veneers & FLAMEBLOCK™ FRMDF
The Briggs eco-cert™ range is Australia's largest comprehensive range of certified veneers comprised of:
- TrueGrain FSC® certified reconstructed veneer (FSC Mixed)
- Natural Timber Veneer - AFS certified
- Natural Timber Veneer - FSC® certified (FSC Pure)
(FSC® Mixed, FSC® Pure, AFS and PEFC veneers are all able to contribute to Greenstar points)
Additionally, we have a PEFC certified fire retardant substrate:
- All eco-cert veneers are independently certified:
- Australian Forestry Standard (AFS)
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
- Your proof of certified supply is secured by the Chain of Custody System
- Our certificate numbers are:
- Formaldehyde and chemicals - eco-cert natural veneers in leaf form have no added glues, formaldehyde or dyes and has been tested as having E0 formaldehyde levels and all FSC® TrueGrain has E1 formaldehyde levels. Please contact us for certificates. FLAMEBLOCK FRMDF is low formaldehyde (E1).
For Green Star Tools, go to the Green Building Council Rating Tools page and Revised Timber Credit.
- All the eco-cert range can contribute to one point in Mat-11 Timber (Office Interiors v1.1), Mat-8 Timber (Office Design v3 and Office As Built V3) and similarly in other Tools. The decision as how the second "Timber" point will be awarded is expected to be made by the GBCA in 2010.
- FLAMEBLOCK™ FRMDF is PEFC certified and can contribute one point in Mat-11 Timber (Office Interiors v1.1), Mat-8 Timber (Office Design v3 and Office As Built V3) and similarly in other Tools. The decision as how the second "Timber" point will be awarded is expected to be made by the GBCA in 2010.
INDOOR ENVIRONMENT QUALITY
- eco-cert Natural Timber Veneers have E-Zero (E0) formaldehyde emissions and if used with an E0 substrate can contribute to IEQ-12 Formaldehyde Minimisation (Office Interiors v1.1), IEQ-14 Formaldehyde Minimisation (Office Design v3 and Office As Built V3) and similarly in other Tools.
- FSC® certified E0 MDF substrate is available, for instance Alpine E0 MDF - FSC® certified (http://www.alpinemdf.com.au).
This information is applicable 1/8/07. Supply of all veneers is subject to availability and the information presented on these sheets is intended as a guide only. Briggs Veneers is neither liable nor responsible for any errors or misinterpretations this information and we are unable to make any guarantees with regards to the certainty of Green Star™ points contributed by veneer or substrate, because the interpretation of these tools, the assessment of product quantities/percentages in a project, and the ultimate decisions regarding the granting of Green Star™ points, resides with the owner of these tools, the Green Building Council of Australia, or their licenced/approved agents/consultants.